Beauty Tips & Secrets
Good afternoon lovelies!
Photography by Robbie Merrit
As a qualified makeup artist from the Australian College of Beauty Therapy and having much experience with hair and makeup over my many years of performing, I’ve picked up a few tricks of the trade. I thought I’d share a few of these with you today! Keep in mind different techniques work for different people, if you have any further questions feel free to email me!
Skin Care & Health:
- Moisturise! I’m not guaranteeing that this is the cure to lines, scars and cellulite (thought it may help), but using the appropriate product for you will help with the feel, appearance of your skin. I try to moisturise after I shower, and when my skin feels a bit dry.
- Sunscreen, not only will protecting your skin against the sun prevent skin cancer but it will also prevent wrinkles, and other skin related sun damages. Dita Von Teese revealed one of her biggest beauty secrets to looking so good and aging gracefully was protect her skin.
- Its also important that when you remover your makeup your remember to CLEANSE, TONE, and MOISTURISE your skin, this will help remove all makeup, which will prevent further blemishes (pimples, white heads) as well as wrinkles! There are many products to suit different skin types, so seeking professional advice would be the best, so you get the best possible results.
- Drink lots of water, this will help with a healthier lifestyle as well a healthier skin.
- As cliché as it sounds exercising will do you a world of good, it will keep you fit and healthy preventing health issues, and make you feel so much better about yourself.
- Above all confidence is the key, if you feel confident the whole world will see it!. Sometimes it can be hard to reach your full potential, but you need to accept no matter what size you are, your are beautiful. On stage if you don’t come off as confident your act can look a lot weaker, and you’re really not reaching your full potential.
Hair & Makeup:
- Pinup for myself is not only fashion, but also a lifestyle. If you wish to perfect the look it takes a lot of practice, this goes for both hair, makeup and dressing yourself! YouTube and makeup classes are a great way to learn new hair and makeup techniques.
- When applying your lipstick, do not just apply from the tube. First draw on the desired shape with a sharpened match lip pencil. Then colour in with a bullet brush that your wipe your lipstick onto, then apply.
- When you apply your foundation, whether stick or liquid be sure to set this powder foundation as this will create a more flawless long lasting look!
- Spraying a little hair spray over your complete makeup (with your eyes, and mouth closed, and not breathing in) can help prevent your makeup from running and hopefully make it last a little longer. A lot of performers and models use this trick as we’re under hot lights for long periods of time.
- Always trim your false eyelashes! False eye lashes are made for one size to fit all, but you need to first match them to your eye, to see how much you need to trim down before gluing them on. With gluing, when you apply the glue to fake eyelashes, be sure to let the glue sit for a few seconds, so it become tacky and makes it a lot easier to stick on!
Photography by Simone Addison Photography
- With your hair before straighten or curler (or when apply any heat) be sure to apply anti-heat damaging hair cream so to help look after your hair, a lot of these products also help set your hair, and make it easier to style as well.
- Glitter lips! A lot of people ask me where I buy my amazing glitter lipstick from, and it’s a very simple secret that is inexpensive, all you need is regular red lip, and some red glitter, first apply the lipstick using my method above, and then pat the glitter on with your finger and you’ve got glitter lips!
If you’d like anymore advice or would like any of the points above feel free to email myself for more information! Remember to stay tuned as my HUGE new project will hopefully be revealed Thursday or Friday this week!
www.facebook.com/missladylace [Fan page]
www.facebook.com/missladylace.pinup [Public page, lets be friends!]