Sunday Pinup Tips: All in the eyes
Good morning lovelies,
For this Sunday’s pinup tip I’m talking about the importance of having strong eyes for a pinup in photo shoots and during performances. The eyes are the gateway to the soul, and the audience is dying to connect with us, our eye contact, makeup, and focus are all key. With our makeup the most simple way we can really make our eyes stand out is to wear false eyelashes, which are strip of false bold lashes that makes our eyes pop.
How to apply false eyelashes:
What you need:
- A pair of false eyelashes.
- Eyelash glue.
- Each person has there own personal preference, I like to apply my eyeliner prior to eyelashes, I recommend a 1950’s styled cat-eye for an authentic pinup look.
- You’ll need to remove the eyelashes from the casing, and hold one side up to your eye, to know which side is which if its not indicated the longer and thicker eyelashes are on the outside of the eye.
- When we hold one up to our eye we measure how much we need to trim, false eyelashes are made for the largest possible eye, its unlikely you won’t need to trim them.
- When trimming them, trim both at the same time to ensure they’re the same length and ALWAYS trim from the outside side of the eyelash strip.
- Apply your glue to the strip of eyelashes along the base line, NEVER apply glue directly to your face as you can glue your eyes together!
- Allow the glue to get TACKY, if you try and stick them straight on they’ll just wiggle.
- Once the glue is tacky apply your lashes to your eyelid, just above your lash line, sticking the lashes onto your lashes will hurt when you take them off. I apply mine from the outer corner inwards, using tweezers to assist me.
- Allow 2-3 minutes for this to set before blending your natural lashes in with mascara.
- Always make eye contact with something when having your photo taken it will make your eyes appear more focused.
- Open your eyes wide in photos, and keep them looking up, looking down can sometimes disconnect you from your audience. There are always exceptions to this rule.
More updates coming soon!
Burlesque Artist | Pinup Model | Vintage Blogger