Class and Event Conduct
Glamour Girl Burlesque and Miss Lady Lace’s events, workshops and classes are run at a professional standard with a focus on creating a glamorous, supportive, fun, and nurturing environment for everyone involved.
To ensure this standard and quality of events by attending classes, workshops and events the students/performers/volunteers/attendees agree to comply with the following:
Dance Class Etiquette:
- Demonstrate respect for teachers, performers, staff and other students at all times.
- Arrive at least five minutes prior to your scheduled class. Latecomers may be refused entry, due to the risk of injury.
- Honour prior commitments made to the studio by attending classes, rehearsals and performances above other social events.
- Mobile phones should be switched off or on silent mode and are not to be used during class. Please let Miss Lady Lace know of any special circumstances.
- Put rubbish in the bins provided and clean up after yourself.
- Show respect and care for studio equipment and facilities.
- Jewellery is not recommended to be worn during class unless apart of a costume for a dress rehearsal. Jewellery can cause injury to yourself or other dancers.
- Ask for help if you need it.
Class and Event Conduct:
- Classes are an inclusive environment for everyone to have fun.
- Rehearsals before shows and in the lead up to events are to include all students, including everyone ensures everyone is well rehearsed and ensures they feel apart of the group.
- Direction, corrections, and feedback from classes are from the teacher only. Unless another student asks for help, please let them learn in their own time.
- Negative comments at shows will not be tolerated. Being involved in shows means you represent Miss Lady Lace and Glamour Girl Burlesque, If you try your best on stage and make a mistake your teacher is so proud of you, but it’s disappointing when unsolicited negative comments/feedback is given to other students, professional performers or event staff.
- No forms of harassment will be tolerated. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments (related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, dance ability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion), as well as inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
If an issue arises please bring this up at an appropriate time with Miss Lady Lace as soon as possible.
Inappropriate, disrespectful or aggressive behaviour by students, performers, staff or volunteers will not be tolerated and may result in immediate cancellation of enrolment or ticket with no refund or further discussion or immediate termination of employment or contract.